Re: [ADMIN] jdbc driver, can it run on a windows machine? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [ADMIN] jdbc driver, can it run on a windows machine?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
(Thread redirected to the INTERFACES list)

At 19:48 +0200 on 19/1/99, Vance Greenway wrote:

>      i am using visual cafe for windows to develop an  applet to access
>my postgresql data on a linux server.  the package  requires that the
>driver i want to develop with reside on the same computer...ie  the
>windows box.  can the jdbc driver "jdbc6_4.jar" be placed on  the windows
>box and access the postgresql database over a tcp/ip  lan?   if yes, could
>you provide any pointers for doing  so?  thanx!

Basically, I think you have a misconception here somewhere.

You need the driver to be in the same codebase as the applet you are
developing, so that it can load the driver when it needs it. That would
mean the remote host when it actually works, or the local host when you are
still in development. The idea is to join the Driver's jar with the
Applet's jar.

Or you can have it locally on the CLASSPATH the browser uses. This would
mean you have to install it on every machine that has to use that applet.
It's possible, although things are not normally done that way.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma